[Telepathy] Lost Empathy notifications on Gnome 3.4

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas.dufresne at collabora.co.uk
Fri Nov 9 04:48:33 PST 2012

Le vendredi 09 novembre 2012 à 10:49 +0000, Pedro Francisco a écrit :
> So to recap, on Gnome 3.4 I'm losing unread messages (as an icon on
> 'systray') everytime there is a disconnect.
>
> This has been happening frequently so here are the steps to reproduce:
> * connect using gabble (I'm using Facebook (g-o-a) & Live (g-o-a) but
> should be irrelevant)
> * receive messages and don't read them
> * sudo wpa_cli terminate
> * check that no unread messages are on 'systray'

This is a known issue. Currently your messages are not lost, they are
stored in the logs, but there is no way for the UI to figure-out what
has been read or not from the logger API. Suggested design for solving
this is welcome, please file a bug if none exist, and comment there.
Some people have thought of using the logs just like a mailbox in order
to solve this issue, other would have preferred a per-connection
solution as some protocol may let you get back those messages from
server in later connections (Skype as an example).