[Telepathy] Folks status, the addressbook problem

Xavier Claessens xclaesse at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 09:47:59 PDT 2012

Le mardi 30 octobre 2012 à 15:57 +0000, Simon McVittie a écrit :
> On 30/10/12 14:40, Xavier Claessens wrote:
> > 2) The Chat/Call/FileTransfer/etch apps, they need to load only one, or small
> >    subset of individuals.
>
> This leads to a new API-use-case apart from the two queries you named
> (individual -> all personas and persona -> individual): "tell me about
> the persona(s) whose XMPP JID(s) is/are smcv at example.com, as quickly as
> possible".

In this case, the app should have a TpContact and wants an individual
for it. From a TpContact folks can construct a persona uid like
"telepathy:<account path>:<contact id>", and the DB must then answer the
question "what's the individual uid for this persona uid?" and a 2nd
question "what's all the personas uid for this individual uid?". Maybe
an sqlite DB can answer those 2 questions in one query?

This is actually how it works on N9 with tracker as DB, so I'm not
making this up from nothing ;-)

Regards,
Xavier Claessens.