[Telepathy] telepathy-rakia SRTP/ZRTP anytime soon?

Olivier Crête olivier.crete at collabora.com
Fri Apr 12 09:08:43 PDT 2013

Hello,

On Fri, 2013-04-12 at 19:21 +0530, Spikey360 wrote:
> This question has probably been asked several times in the past, but,
> are there any plans to incorporate SRTP/ZRTP in telepathy-rakia anytime
> soon?
> Does anyone know of a rakia project which is working towards that
> direction?

I definitely plan to implement SDES-based SRTP. We now have SRTP support
in GStreamer, so it's just a matter of getting the time to actually
implement it.

I don't expect ZRTP to get much traction, but I also expect that in
time, we will support DTLS-SRTP, as this is what Chrome and Firefox are
implementing for WebRTC.

--
Olivier Crête
olivier.crete at collabora.com