[Telepathy] ANNOUNCE: folks 0.9.4
philip at tecnocode.co.uk
Fri Aug 2 02:41:28 PDT 2013
libfolks 0.9.4 is now available from:
libfolks 0.9.4 — It’s too hot
Libfolks pulls together contacts from any number of accounts supported
by the libfolks backends. This release includes a number of backends,
including Telepathy, evolution-data-server, libsocialweb, Tracker, and
a simple key-file backend.
The 0.9.x unstable series corresponds to GNOME 3.10, leading up to a
0.10.x stable series in the near future. We will continue to maintain
API and ABI stability for the foreseeable future, with the intention of
having 0.9.x API compatible back through 0.6.x. We will make an
announcement when we officially commit to API/ABI stability for the
project as a whole.
See the NEWS file for details on every break we made before 0.6.0. In
future releases, we will have example programs that will be kept
up-to-date with the latest API as well.
For more information, see the Folks wiki page:
Reference documentation is available here:
libgdata is a GLib-based library for accessing online service APIs using
the GData protocol — most notably, Google's services. It provides APIs
to access the common Google services, and has full asynchronous support.
Overview of changes from libfolks 0.9.3 to libfolks 0.9.4
• libebook-1.2 ≥ 3.9.1
• libebook-contacts ≥ 3.9.1
• Fatal warnings are now turned off when distchecking
• EDS dependency has been bumped to ≥ 3.9.1 to fix a Vala binding issue
• Bug 699865 — Folks needs to expose chat/VoIP service client types
• Bug 703402 — Backend support libraries don't set the GIR version and namespace
• Bug 703450 — Telepathy backend gir fails to link
• Bug 703514 — Can't build FolksTelepathy-0.6.gir
• Bug 703709 — can't compile folks. fails at GISCAN TpLowlevel-0.6.gir
• Bug 703830 — build: distcheck fails trying to delete
• Bug 704922 — key-file: do not use deprecated loop_run_with_non_fatal_timeout()
• Bug 705196 — Linking a favorite TP contact with a EDS one unfavorite it
• Bug 703516 — Build failing with EDS backend
• Bug 701850 — folks-DEBUG: phone-details.vala:160:
[PhoneDetails.get_normalised] unknown digit: +
• Add PresenceDetails.client_types
• Add new Individual property:
• Add new Tpf.Persona property:
libfolks depends upon core GNOME libraries (GLib, GIO, etc.), as well
as libgee 0.8.x.
The Tracker backend requires a recent version of Tracker, built to
include its Vala bindings.
For any questions, comments, feature proposals, etc., please refer to
the folks mailing list or #folks on irc.gnome.org.
For bug reports, please file them against the GNOME Bugzilla module
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 230 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part
More information about the telepathy