[Telepathy] SIP - Can't make outgoing calls

Simon McVittie simon.mcvittie at collabora.co.uk
Tue Dec 3 04:43:07 PST 2013

On 27/11/13 14:39, Nicolas Dufresne wrote:
> Le mercredi 27 novembre 2013 à 13:10 +0100, ruben.torrero at gmail.com a
> écrit :
>> Thats not my case, but even if it was, where could we find more info
>> about whats happening? Any other logs to check?
>
> SofiaSIP (the SIP library used by telepathy-rakia, the SIP backend of
> Empathy), used to suffer a GCC bug in Fedora 19. We manage to get it
> working again by compiling without optimization. I don't know the state
> of it at the moment.

I think this might be undefined behaviour in sofia-sip being broken by
more aggressive optimization in gcc 4.8 - there are similar bug reports
in Debian and Ubuntu. If it's the same thing I'm encountering in
telepathy-rakia's regression tests on Debian, then recompiling sofia-sip
with -O0 is a bigger hammer than you need; recompiling sofia-sip with
-fno-aggressive-loop-optimizations seems to be sufficient.

See <http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=729301> and
<https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/sofia-sip/+bug/1246171>.