[Telepathy] Keyboard shortcuts / programmatic access to empathy?

Bryan Richter b at chreekat.net
Fri Dec 20 18:21:08 PST 2013

Hi folks,

I'd like to know if something is possible with Empathy (on Ubuntu
12.04). I love how unintrusive the 'new chat' notification is, but I
wish there was some way to open the chat window that does not require
navigating to a tiny icon on my tray and then clicking on a squirrelly
menu item. Is it at all possible to make that window pop up with a
keyboard shortcut? Or is there programmatic access to that
functionality?

Thanks!

-Bryan