[Telepathy] Query with difference in behaviour of "telepathy-gabble", when ejabberd is used with CentOS and Debian-6

Ajay Garg ajaygargnsit at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 11:39:20 PST 2013

Hi all.

I have been running python scripts for telepathy-gabble communication; and
following are  the observations ::

a)
Client  :: Fedora-17
Server :: ejabberd on CentOS

In this case, I am able to register the users on the server; and receive
the  "members changed signals" (as per the attached
PASS_telepathy_gabble.log).

b)
I have been running python scripts for telepathy-gabble communication; and
following are  the observations ::

a)
Client  :: Fedora-17
Server :: ejabberd on Debian-6

In this case, I am able to register the users on the server; but DO NOT
receive the "members changed signals" (as per the attached
FAIL_telepathy_gabble.log).

Some additional notes ::
==================

a)
Both servers are running with the same  "ejabberd.cfg" file, as attached.

b)
Both servers are running the same codebase (a patched version of 2.1.10).

c)
Most importantly, on both the servers, the "Send XML Stream" log is seen in
"/var/log/ejabberd/ejabberd.log"; however, the members-changed signal is
seen only in the CentOS-ejabberd case, but not in Debian-6-ejabberd case.

For brevity, I also pasting the  "Send XML Stream" message (which happens
to be the same on both the  servers) ::

=INFO REPORT==== 2013-01-17 23:46:45 ===
D(<0.360.0>:ejabberd_c2s:1561) : Send XML on stream = <<"<message from='
5ccefd7c37c12600296e0505ad3be79c0476e06e at schoolserver.mazaq.org' to='
5ccefd7c37c12600296e0505ad3be79c0476e06e at schoolserver.mazaq.org/sugar'
type='headline'><event xmlns='http://jabber.org/protocol/pubsub#event'><items
node='http://laptop.org/xmpp/buddy-properties'><item
id='54E6D08D69C42'><properties xmlns='
http://laptop.org/xmpp/buddy-properties'><property name='color'
type='str'>#00A0FF,#9A5200</property><property name='key'
xmlns='http://jabber.org/protocol/address'><address type='replyto' jid='
5ccefd7c37c12600296e0505ad3be79c0476e06e at schoolserver.mazaq.org/sugar'/<http://5ccefd7c37c12600296e0505ad3be79c0476e06e@schoolserver.mazaq.org/sugar%27/>
></addresses></message>">>

Regards,