[Telepathy] empathy integration into gnome-shell

David Henriques davidhenriques9191 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 09:45:17 PST 2013

Hi,

is someone working on integrating the empathy client more into the
gnome-shell than how it is at the moment? I would really like it, if
atleast the chatwindow would completly disappear in favor of the
notification area. In addition it would be cool if a chat could be
started from a gnome-shell-extension.
I am trying to adjust this extension
https://extensions.gnome.org/extension/519/messaging-menu/ in order to
get more empathy options beneath the launcher.
There my problems start. I would like to get the contacts into an array
and display them in a PopupSubMenu. The menu itself I managed to
implement, but I couldn't figure out how to get the contacts into that.
Furthermore I am unable to start a chat from the commandline. That way
an item in the contactlist would be a launcher for the chat with that
person.
After getting that I plan to change empathy, so only the notification in
the bottom opens, not the chatwindow. I think it could be an extra
option in the preferences of empathy.
Is someone already doing this, so I can help him, or can someone help me?

Thanks in advance,
David Magnus Henriques