[Telepathy] Offline cache

Xavier Claessens xclaesse at gmail.com
Fri Mar 15 07:57:17 PDT 2013

Le vendredi 15 mars 2013 à 08:50 -0500, Matthias Gehre a écrit :
> I'm currently implementing a connection manager for WhatsApp, which
> does not allow
> to request the roster at all. So we have to keep a copy of known
> contacts (from adding them/receiving messages from them)

This is the same situation than telepathy-sofiasip. Thanks for bringing
this, I did not cover that case.

I'm wondering if the CM should implement the ContactList interfaces
anyway, but keep the roster information locally in a file instead of
relying on server storage. For this, it could use the offline storage I
describe in my point 6. So all API like adding/removing contacts,
setting an alias, etc will just work like any other protocol.

Regards,
Xavier Claessens.