[Telepathy] telepathy-reSIProcate connection manager

Martin Klapetek mklapetek at kde.org
Sun Aug 16 15:39:53 PDT 2015

On Sun, Aug 16, 2015 at 3:16 PM, Daniel Pocock <daniel at pocock.pro> wrote:

> In any case, given that reSIProcate is C++ code, is it more appropriate to
> use TelepathyQt or is there a way to do this with telepathy-glib?

Appropriateness aside, it probably makes more sense to go with TelepathyQt
as that is also C++ (and Qt), so you will get the same language constructs
as in your library and it should mix together just fine.

Mixing C++ with glib (C) /might/ be more painful and result in more
complicated
code, but it depends and I'm certainly no glib developer.

Additionally TpQt is kinda actively maintained as for example the Ubuntu
phone is using it (and now the Plasma phone too and Sailfish and Nemo),
plus Alexander is writing a whole CM from scratch against it, so there is
lots of activity around it (meaning easy to get support).

> Is there any example using telepathy-glib with a C++ library?

Not that I know of, maybe someone else will fill in.

Cheers
--
Martin Klapetek | KDE Developer