[Telepathy] merging patches into telepathy-gabble

Diane Trout diane at ghic.org
Wed Dec 23 14:04:26 PST 2015

On Wednesday, December 23, 2015 03:54:27 PM Olivier CrĂȘte wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Telepathy, in particular gabble and tp-glib, are definitely in need a
> new maintainership, if you want to become the maintainer, I don't think
> there would be much opposition.
>
> Olivier

I'm willing to make a stab at maintaining telepathy-gabble, hopefully I can
find someone else from kde-telepathy to help.

On the downside my knowledge of glib code is still pretty weak. Also I don't
currently know how to trigger releases on freedesktop and would like to know
if there's somewhere to go for advice working with freedesktop's
infrastructure (such as it is). Lastly I don't think my freedesktop developer
account has been approved yet.

However on the plus side, I want desktop IM to still exist, and I'd like to
make sure that code that's incorporated actually has working tests.

While investigating merging the code I ran the wocky tests and discovered they
seem to fail both in the new branch and also in the version of telepathy-
gabble released in debian.

Also are there still maintainers for the Telepathy DBus spec?  I think several
protocols (including XMPP) have ways to support editing already sent messages,
and I don't think I've seen an API for that.

Diane