[Telepathy] TURN servers in Empathy

Dominik George dominik.george at teckids.org
Mon Jan 26 05:51:55 PST 2015

Hi,

> The best first step would probably be to make the TURN relay hostname,
> port, username and password configurable as "parameters" in
> src/protocol.c, the same way the STUN server hostname/port and HTTPS
> proxy hostname/port are currently configurable, […]

I'd even say the existing stun-server parameters could simply be reused
and the UI element be relabled as STUN/TURN-Server. At least, I cannot
see any reason why the STUN server should be different from the TURN
relay, and other clients (including Jitsi) do that as well.

Technically, the servers could be split, but as all relevant TURN server
implementations also do STUN and there is no reason to disable that, I
think it is a very safe bet.

-nik

--
Dominik George (1. Vorstandsvorsitzender, Pädagogischer Leiter)
Teckids e.V. - Erkunden, Entdecken, Erfinden.