[Telepathy] How configure Facebook chat support (Ubuntu 14.04)

Peter Bittner peter.bittner at gmx.net
Tue Sep 22 01:37:10 PDT 2015

Thank you Martin,

IIUC, Facebook is simply not supported at all at the moment:
telepathy-haze has no reference to Facebook in their latest source
code [1], just Jabber, but that's what was dropped, isn't it?

I have updated the Wiki pages FAQ and Protocols [2, 3] to reflect this
better. Would be nice if you and other could proof-read. Also, there
are still some dangling links (e.g. "See also the Telepathy FAQ") and
probably outdated information in the FAQ article.

Peter

[1] https://hg.pidgin.im/pidgin/main/file/b4e5abab1114/libpurple/protocols
[2] https://wiki.gnome.org/Apps/Empathy/FAQ#How_can_I_connect_to_.28a_protocol.29_in_Empathy.3F_.28Facebook.2C_Google.2C_Yahoo.2C_....29
[3] https://wiki.gnome.org/Apps/Empathy/Protocols