[Telepathy] Telepathy Help

Alexandr Akulich akulichalexander at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 07:23:18 UTC 2016

Hi Pranav,

On Fri, Apr 8, 2016 at 8:49 AM, Pranav Jain <contact at pranavjain.me> wrote:
> I did try to go through the Github codes and the official document. I am still unable to find the 'Dial Command' specifications.
I think it doesn't exists.

> The only link which explains it in some way is http://www.ousob.com/ng/telepath/ng22b8c.php
I think this is just a coincide and the linked project is not related
to the telepathy framework.

> Can you please help me more in understanding this command.
Are you sure that you need such command specification? It sounds like
a general concept, but not like a strictly formalized spec.

Probably the "Dial" command is just an ordinary channel request. The
client would just make a request to your connection manager, something
like:
"hey, <connection manager name>! Please, create a channel with a
contact with identifier +123456789."

The second case is if you're telling about DTMF (dual-tone
multifrequency signalling). It is described in the Telepathy
specification and implemented in the telepathy-ofono.