[Telepathy] future of Telepathy?

Dominik George nik at naturalnet.de
Tue Apr 26 08:26:36 UTC 2016

Am Dienstag, 26. April 2016, 13:20:55 schrieben Sie:
> On Tue, Apr 26, 2016 at 1:10 PM, Dominik George <nik at naturalnet.de> wrote:
> >go and move WhatsApp users to Conversations - they will not miss anything.
>
> Oh, really? My contacts used to send images to offline contacts. How
> would you imagine to implement this for XMPP?

No need for imagination - it simply works:

  http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0363.html

Implemented in Conversations on Android and in Gajim, works for sending any
file to contacts, no matter if they are online or offline, and even to MUCs
(„groups“).

On a side note, it is technically the same thing that WhatsApp does -
leveraging HTTP for storage.

Servers providing the extension keep popping up.

> What's about "I'm here"
> or "let's meet there" geo messages?

https://www.androidpit.com/app/eu.siacs.conversations.sharelocation

As I said - Conversations did all of it. Follow along if you are a client
developer!

-nik

--
PGP-Fingerprint: 3C9D 54A4 7575 C026 FB17  FD26 B79A 3C16 A0C4 F296

Dominik George · Mobil: +49-151-61623918

Teckids e.V. · FrOSCon e.V. · OpenRheinRuhr e.V.
Fellowship of the FSFE · Piratenpartei Deutschland
Opencaching Deutschland e.V. · Debian Contributor

LPIC-3 Linux Enterprise Professional (Security)