[Telepathy] testing telepathy-glib gi bindings

Diane Trout diane at ghic.org
Fri Jul 1 05:49:53 UTC 2016

Hi,

A long time ago I had briefly tried to use telepathy-glib from python
and gave up because it kept segfaulting.

I've been wondering how hard it would be to add tests to telepathy-glib
to verify that the gobject introspection bindings are working
correctly. (And give examples of how to use the binding, in case my
problems was me not calling things correctly).

My fist stab at trying to get this to work was to launch python with

 ./libtool --mode=execute python3 <test file>.py

and start the test with:

import gi
gi.extend_path('<path to src>/telepathy-glib/telepathy-glib/',
'TelepathyGLib-0.12')
gi.require_version('TelepathyGLib', '0.12')

To try and grab the recently built typelib instead of any one
potentially already installed.

Does anyone know of a project that includes test for their bindings?

Does adding tests seem like a useful thing to do?

Diane