[Telepathy] testing telepathy-glib gi bindings

Diane Trout diane at ghic.org
Sun Jul 3 07:01:00 UTC 2016

> > import gi
> > gi.extend_path('<path to src>/telepathy-glib/telepathy-glib/',
> > 'TelepathyGLib-0.12')
> > gi.require_version('TelepathyGLib', '0.12')
> >
> > To try and grab the recently built typelib instead of any one
> > potentially already installed.
>
> Did you try it? Did it work?

Not yet. (at least not for real) I got distracted by trying to see if I
could get some support for Ad Hoc commands. (I hear you can use ad-hoc
commands to help manage your jabber server.)

As for telepathy-glib I need to figure out how insert the gi.repository
test into the current automake based makefiles and run it in a clean
chroot before I have any idea if it worked or not.

For ad-hoc commands my current implementation is to just code all the
command parsing code in telepathy-gabble-xmpp-console so I can figure
out how it should work. I think in the long term it might be reasonable
to ad a few more functions to the console plugin to support querying
ad-hoc commands (and maybe help parse XEP-0004 data forms)

Diane