[Telepathy] addReceivedMessage method

Mateus Bellomo mateusbellomo at gmail.com
Sat Jul 23 20:48:11 UTC 2016

Hello,

I would like to know if there is a page describing the addReceivedMessage()
telepathy method. I have searched at google but didn't find anything, just
usage examples at [1], [2], [3] and [4].

At [5] there is a Tp::BaseChannelTextTye class reference but there is no
description of addReceivedMessage() method.

I'm asking that because Empathy it's not showing the contact name, as it
should, when it loads a conversation from history. I have looked the log
generated at ~/.local/share/TpLogger/logs/* and I saw that this logs are
stored as a xml. And I also noticed that the attribute 'name' is
responsible for holding the names that appears in conversation history:

<message time='20160723T03:09:26' id='mateusbellomo at sip.antisip.com'
name='' token='' isuser='true' type='normal'>just testing</message>

I saw that this attribute is appearing empty in my generated log and don't
know how to set it. My guess is that this is set at addReceivedMessage()
method and right now I'm setting the same attributes as telepathy-morse and
telepathy-nonsense.

You can see at [6] what I'm doing.

Any help would be great. Thanks in advance.

[1]
https://github.com/TelepathyQt/telepathy-nonsense/blob/master/textchannel.cc#L206
[2]
https://github.com/TelepathyQt/telepathy-morse/blob/master/textchannel.cpp#L227