[Telepathy] [telepathy] - Cannot connect to SIP account using empathy

Mateus Bellomo mateusbellomo at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 00:46:39 UTC 2016

Hello Balram,

when I try to connect a SIP account with rakia or sofia-sip I get the same
error (I don't know why). But you should see some debug going on if you do
try to connect with resiproctate. Are you sure that you are using SIP from
resiprocate?

If you do:

$ dpkg -l | egrep 'telepathy-(sofia|rakia)'

you could see if you have sofiasip or rakia installed. In that case you
could purge them.

ps: in ubuntu I couldn't connect resiprocate with empathy (It wont show an
option for SIP account).