[Telepathy] requestHandles method

Mateus Bellomo mateusbellomo at gmail.com
Sat Jun 4 19:24:24 UTC 2016

Hello,

I'm implementing tha Aliases interface methods at telepathy-resiprocate and
I'm getting some problems when I try to add a contact. Empathy closes
unexpectedly and it won't show anything in the empahy-debugger[1].

In fact looking at [2] it seems that it shouldn't have line 267 because the
function requestHandles [3] should only return the handles for the
identifiers passed as parameters.

I only get this error when I comment the line 267 from [2]. But If this
line is uncommented, while the client is typing to add a new client several
contacts are added to the contact list because the function requestHandles
is being called several times (I didn't found yet who is calling this
function).

Anyone have a clue of why we have to add a contact every time the function
requestHandles is called?

Thanks.

[1] http://pastebin.com/6xpwhNKy
[2]