[Telepathy] send local user status

Alexandr Akulich akulichalexander at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 05:52:59 UTC 2016

Hi Mateus,

On Mon, Jun 6, 2016 at 1:45 AM, Mateus Bellomo <mateusbellomo at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've implemented both setPresence() and getPresences() methods, but
> I didn't see there any methods so the user could send his status info to his contacts.

setPresence() accepts string:Status and string:StatusMessage and
designed to send the passed info to contacts.

See [1] and [2]. Local user set presence in the UI (Empathy,
KDE-Telepathy, ...). The UI calls setPresence(). The CM setPresence()
implementation (probably via a special library) sends network packages
to inform remotes about the new presence. Morse calls
CTelegramCore::setOnlineStatus() of the TelegramQt backend library;
Nonsense calls QXmppClient::setClientPresence() of the QXmpp backend
library.

[1] https://github.com/TelepathyQt/telepathy-nonsense/blob/master/connection.cc#L347
[2] https://github.com/TelepathyQt/telepathy-morse/blob/master/connection.cpp#L655