[Telepathy] Project revival?

Martin Klapetek mklapetek at kde.org
Thu Jun 9 15:44:39 UTC 2016

Hey George,

nice to see you back!

On Thu, Jun 9, 2016 at 11:02 AM, George Kiagiadakis <gkiagia at tolabaki.gr>
wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> For those of you that don't know me, I'm an old kde-telepathy &
> telepathy-qt developer who's been inactive in telepathy for a couple of
> years. Recently I've been looking again into what is going on in this
> project and it looks like it's dead, which is a pity. However, I can see
> there is some limited activity around telepathy-qt, with some people
> writing new Qt-based CMs (cool!). This little activity makes me hope
> that maybe it's possible to revive the rest of the project?
>
> I'm basically writing this email to declare my interest in attempting a
> revival. I think free communication is quite important and it's being
> neglected a lot recently in the FOSS world, which motivates me enough to
> spend some time again in this project.
>
> As a start, I would like to get in touch with all of you who are still
> working on something related to telepathy. It would be nice to start a
> conversation about project needs and future plans. So, if you are
> interested, please get in touch. I am 'gkiagia' on irc and various other

places on the internet.

So KDE Telepathy is right now pretty much in maintenance mode
for lack of developers, but there is some development by me going
into a new KDE/Qt/QML client called SpaceBar, which does not
have any public releases yet and is moreless built on top of
ktp-common-internals fork, which I would love to get back to master.

The primary focus was/is Plasma mobile, but it's very well usable
on desktop as well with some nice features like endless-history-on-
scroll and full emoji support plus all the goodness of ktp-text-ui filters.

Cheers
--
Martin Klapetek | KDE Developer