[Telepathy] Telepathy Release process?

Diane Trout diane at ghic.org
Sun Nov 5 06:47:27 UTC 2017

Hello

> Please, go ahead. I can also make releases, but I have a lot in my
> backlog right now. The instructions should be straightforward.

They look pretty straight forward... Thank you for updating the wiki.

> Please, also push the changes on the github telepathy-idle
> repository.

The change was from so long ago, its actually already in the GitHub
repository.

But guess what! After about 4 years since the last release, make check
has test failures.

<time passed from when I started writing this email>

I have solutions for the issues I found and am opening a pull request
now.

https://github.com/TelepathyIM/telepathy-idle/pull/3

With those fixes "make check" passes on a Debian running testing.

> Ping me or Alexandr if you need permissions.

I was able to ssh into telepathy.freedesktop.org and it looks like I
have the right group memberships to write files to the release
directory. (Though I didn't test it).

> It's good to have you here :)

I'm glad I'm finally having time to work making IM work better.

Diane