[Uim] UIM as XIM problems

Hiroyuki Komatsu komatsu at taiyaki.org
Fri Dec 12 00:57:28 EET 2003

At Wed, 10 Dec 2003 16:41:30 +0100,
David Oftedal wrote:
> I've now started experimenting with UIM as XIM. I'm having a problem
> with it though... I've started uim-xim, but whenever I try to use
> uim-anthy through XIM in a program, all the characters disappear. I
> might see a bit of mojibake for a split second, then a kanji selection
> list appears, and in the end there's no output. Here are the env vars
> I've tried:

I've succeed in reproducing the uim-xim error similar to yours with
mlterm.  I'm gueesing that you've not started uim-xim with
LANG=ja_JP.eucJP.

The following is a way to reproduce the error:

  ~% LANG=C uim-xim &
  ~% LANG=ja_JP.eucJP XMODIFIERS=@im=uim-anthy mlterm &

neither LANGUAGE nor LC_ALL is not defined.

--
Hiro