[Uim] uim-default hindering text input in mozilla

David Oftedal david at start.no
Sat Dec 13 14:33:54 EET 2003

Hi!

I'm having a few problems with this uim-default module under GTK2. Since
it's somehow managed to set itself as the default input method for any
GTK2 program, I have to disable it every time I start up a program based
on GTK2. Otherwise I won't be able to type in the special characters
that are used in my language.

Unfortunately, this can't be done in Mozilla-Firebird and
Mozilla-Thunderbird, my browser and email program.

Since uim-default doesn't seem to fulfill any purpose, is there
something I can do to remove it? I don't see the use of having an input
method that does nothing other than keep me from using my own language.
Also, do you think you could remove uim-default from the next release of
uim?

-Dave Oftedal