[Uim] uim 0.2.1 released

Ken Deeter ktdeeter at alumni.princeton.edu
Sun Dec 21 23:06:32 EET 2003

> > I see a lot of Japanese people are writing one of their names in
> > all-capital/uppercase letters when using romagi, e.g.: BABA Yoshiko
> > (From TLUG), KATO Kazuyoshi, and yourself. Is the name written in
> > caps the family name and the other name the given name?
>
> Yes.
> --

Just to add, its done that way because there's no rule to which comes
first when you write it in english. Some people think, oh i'll write it
just as it is in japanese, TANAKA hogehoge, where as others think, well
in english, the given name comes first, so i should write hogehoge
TANAKA, making things a bit confusing at times. Not everyone does the
capitalization either so.. its a bit of a mixed blessing.