[Uim] uim-prime vs. anthy (also, possible help for uim-py)

Duncan Mak duncan at ximian.com
Thu Apr 1 23:11:29 EEST 2004

Hello David!

On Thu, 2004-04-01 at 05:46, David Oftedal wrote:
> The downside to this, of course, is that some of the compound words
> might not work well in different languages. If we started adding idioms
> in Cantonese, I doubt all of them would work in Hokkien. But I'm sure
> you know a lot more than me about that. ;)

Indeed.

> Anyway, perhaps we could venture to split PY.scm into several different
> files?

While I think supporting other regional Chinese dialects would be a
great thing (I happen to speak 3 dialects: Mandarin, Cantonese and
Hokkien!), I think the main goal now should be to focus on making
Mandarin input usable, since it is the "official" style for writing.
Committing to supporting other dialects so early in the process may be a
bit too much at this point.

If and when we start supporting Cantonese, I'd love to help ;-)

Duncan.