[Uim] bug? with uim-xim and kde/qt

Ken Deeter ktdeeter at alumni.princeton.edu
Thu Apr 15 10:18:07 EEST 2004

> The same thing has just happened to me!  I had two spreadsheets open
> when  I started gedit and found I could not type in it.  Closing the
> spreadsheets fixed the problem.  But I can't seem to reproduce it.
> Using  uim 0.3.4.2 in KDE 3.2.1.

KDE apps sometimes have this very odd behaviour with regards to XIM.

If I use kinput2 in over the spot mode, and turn it on so I get the
status window, and then move another window on top of the current one,
sometimes the status window sticks around as if the IM was never told
that the window for which the im was on lost focus.

I feel like this may have something to do with why uim-xim eats
keystrokes. Somehow, the focused/raised windows is changing but qt is
probably not telling uim-xim so that it can update its state properly.

That would be my guess.