[Uim] uim and icewm

Jan Willem Stumpel jstumpel at planet.nl
Thu Dec 9 20:29:44 EET 2004

Hello. This is my first post on this list. I am testing uim
(0.4.5+r1576-2) + anthy on Debian unstable. I put a report of my
results so far on a web page:

http://www.jw-stumpel.nl/input

I hope the real uim experts can correct the mistakes on my page.

I do not use gnome or kde. When I use the window manager icewm, I
notice that if I stop and then restart X, the "uim selector
widget" (a R sw) is not displayed anymore in the icewm "taskbar"
(although uim is active). To get the "selector widget" back, I
have to reboot. Of course there must be a solution somewhere, but
I haven't been able to find it. When I use xfce4, the "selector
widget" does come back after leaving X (control-backspace) and
restarting it (startx).

Is this a known "incompatibility" between uim and icewm?

Regards, Jan