[Uim] uim and icewm

TOKUNAGA Hiroyuki tkng at xem.jp
Fri Dec 10 19:27:42 EET 2004

On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 15:31:44 +0100
Jan Willem Stumpel <jstumpel at planet.nl> wrote:

> > I hope you to create a new thread when you have a new topic...
> Sorry. Don't know what went wrong..

In concrete terms, you shouldn't reply if you have a new topic. You
should send a new mail to the list.

> Thanks! The essential point seems to be the call to icewmtray. For
> some reason this was called the first time, but not after
> restarting X. Debian has a complicated X start-up system, not
> using .xinitrc. I must investigate this, maybe it is a Debian bug.

Though I don't know well, .xinitrc is obsolute filename, users should
use .xsession instead.

> Anyway, I changed to xfce4/xfwm4 now, which is perhaps even nicer
> than icewm, and which does not have the problem. BTW which key has
> keycode 131? In Debian it seems, the default Multi_key/Compose key
> (on a 105-key keyboard at least) is the right-hand "Windows" key,
> with keycode 116.

Oops, sorry. That's my personal preference. Keycode 131 is Muhenkan key.
(Muhenkan means 'no conversion' in Japanese.) It exists on Japanese
keyboard only. I'm using this key as Multi_key, because I have no
Windows key...

Regards,

--
TOKUNAGA Hiroyuki