[Uim] Using Subwindow & IM Specific widget.

Kazuki Ohta mover at hct.zaq.ne.jp
Sat Dec 11 06:05:48 EET 2004

Hi, ALL.

Recently, PRIME(Predictable Input Method Engine) 0.8.5 and 0.9.3 was released.
New version of PRIME has the impressive function that can show the use case
of the preedit string.

Screen Shot: http://www.geocities.jp/ep3797/snapshot/tmp/prime-0.9.3-01.png

Now usecase is shown by using candidate window(in scim, lookuptable), but I
think this is not the proper place. So I want to implement the "subwindow" to
show the extra information of candidates or preedit. This is what like this.

Screen Shot:
http://mover.cool.ne.jp/others/uim/2004-10-15-1097826815_1024x768_scrot.png

To achieve this, I came up with two implementation ways.
1. Using callback
export (im-activate-subwindow) and (im-deactivate-subwindow) to IMs, and
export (uim_set_subwindow_cb) to frontends.

2. Add variable to candidate data struct
   struct uim_candidate_ {
       char *str;         /* candidate */
       char *heading_label;
       char *annotation;

       char *subwindow_data;
   };

Hey, which do you think is the better solution, committers?

---------------

And the Komatsu-san, the author of PRIME also requested to use the widget for
registering the words to the dictionary. This is IM-specific widget, so
creating public API for this purpose is a bit odd. So I suppose excuting
other APP like this seems good for me.

(im-activate-widget "prime-dictregister-dialog" "args")
(im-deactivate-widget "prime-dictregister-dialog")

Is there any comment on this?

Move the worl:D!
Kazuki Ohta : mover at hct.zaq.ne.jp