[Uim] Re: uim 0.4.5 released

Mike FABIAN mfabian at suse.de
Fri Dec 17 00:51:06 EET 2004

TOKUNAGA Hiroyuki <tkng at xem.jp> さんは書きました:

> I heard a rumor that recent uim doesn't work on 64bit environment. Are
> your rpms working on 64bit environment? If you can easily check, please
> teach me that they are working or not.

Yes, they are working. The machine I am using for my daily work
is an AMD 64bit machine and uim works. When updating the uim packages
I tested again and the basic features which worked before are still
working. I tried to use uim via uim-xim, GTK_IM_MODULE, QT_IM_MODULE
(with uim-qt), and via scim-uim, everything worked OK on 64 bit.

There may be a 64 bit problem with uim-toolbar-gtk though.  When I
start uim-toolbar-gtk on a 64 bit machine running the current
development version of SuSE Linux, the toolbar appears but nothing
happens when I click on the toolbar.

When I do the same on my 32 bit notebook running SuSE 9.2
(with the latest uim packages), I can click on the toolbar and
it works (changing between hiragana and katakana, changing between
romaji and JIS layout, calling the im-switcher).

I'll try to investigate whether this is really a 64 bit problem
or something weird in the development version of SuSE Linux.

--
Mike FABIAN   <mfabian at suse.de>   http://www.suse.de/~mfabian
睡眠不足はいい仕事の敵だ。