[Uim] A proposal of unified input method C API.

YamaKen yamaken at bp.iij4u.or.jp
Fri Dec 17 07:37:58 EET 2004

James,

I want to paricipate with the discustion because the API will be
published whether uim deveplers are involved or not.

I suggest that create new dedicated English mailinglist because
many issues are waiting to be discussed. scim list is not
comfortable to host such a lot discussion.

I'll suggest many specification changes such as
following. Whether the API will be used as primary client API
for uim or not, uim cannot adopt the API without such
specification changes.

- License
- ABI-safe extensibility (uim need this)
- Embedded playform capability (i.e. eliminate desktop assumptions)
- Core/Optional feature separation
- Key event specs

I think that creating new project on sf.net such as
unified-im-api to host the mailinglist and header files is
useful and appropriate for the API. How do you think about it?

YamaKen  yamaken at bp.iij4u.or.jp