[Uim] Standalone scm file crashing GTK

Paul Hampson Paul.Hampson at anu.edu.au
Sun Feb 8 06:19:14 EET 2004

On Sun, Feb 08, 2004 at 03:55:18AM +0100, David Oftedal wrote:

> >Do you mean something different from uim-xim?
>
> Yeah... XIM is OK if you don't wanna switch methods inside a program and
> love changing your global system locale and setting environment vars,
> but I personally loathe XIM and hope it disappears quickly before more
> people get traumatized by it. ;)

LOL. There is that....

Although you can make uim switch methods internally, as I understand it
(haven't tried it) and sometimes you can make XIM work without screwing
with locale settings... kinput2 let me do it, uim-xim (so far) doesn't.

This is in fact my largest problem with uim-xim, is that part of making
it work involved making Blackbox's menus appear in Japanese. :-)

Paul "TBBle" Hampson, MCSE
Paul.Hampson at Anu.edu.au

"No survivors? Then where do the stories come from I wonder?"
-- Capt. Jack Sparrow, "Pirates of the Caribbean"

use, duplication and distribution.