[Uim] A problem using uim and anthy in KDE

Paul Hampson Paul.Hampson at anu.edu.au
Wed Feb 25 00:43:28 EET 2004

On Wed, Feb 25, 2004 at 12:50:52AM +0900, Yukiko Bando wrote:
> On Tue, 24 Feb 2004 02:05:51 +1100, Paul Hampson <Paul.Hampson at anu.edu.au>
> wrote:
>
> >Since the uim keys are processed using the scheme files in
> >/usr/share/uim, that'd be the first place to look. You want
> >generic-key.scm and the appropriate .scm file for your uim backend...

> Thank you for pointing me to the right place. :-)  I found some 'eggs' in
> japanese.scm.

> zk = up-arrow
> zj = down-arrow
> zh = left-arrow
> zl = right-arrow
> etc.

Oh! I hadn't noticed those... uim-prime doesn't appear to use those,
since the "eggs" that are in suikyo but not japanese.scm work, and
',' (for example) which is in japanese.scm but not suikyo's romaji
file _doesn't_ get converted until I select it from the candidates
provided in response to ','.

This last point's been annoying me all yesterday afternoon, now I
know where to change it. Thanks! :-)

(Looking at the .scm file, uim-prime only uses rk for rk-pending
(pending keystroke lookup?) and checking for rk-backspace and the like.
I'm not really clear on it myself.)

> >Whack them in your .uim file, and restart uim-xim or open a new GTK2
> >proggy.
>
> I don't have .uim file in my home directory... I have uim-0.2.8 installed
> from rpm in Mandrake 10.0rc1 and also uim-0.3.0 from  tar.gz in Mandrake
> 9.2.  What should I do?

Create it. :-) It's read in like the appropriate files in
/usr/share/uim. (I found reference to it in /usr/share/uim/default.scm)
Paul "TBBle" Hampson, MCSE
Paul.Hampson at Anu.edu.au

"No survivors? Then where do the stories come from I wonder?"
-- Capt. Jack Sparrow, "Pirates of the Caribbean"

use, duplication and distribution.