[Uim] uim 0.2.4 released

David Oftedal david at start.no
Sat Jan 10 17:17:06 EET 2004

I'm plannin to emerge this via portage as usual, but the ebuild uses a
patch that I'm not entirely sure about. One is to xim/main.cpp, and
contains some lines that are outdated:

         char *lang = strdup(uim_get_im_language(uc, i));
         Locale *lc = getLocale(lang);
         if (!lc) {
+           free(name);
+           free(lang);
             continue;
         }
-       XimServer *xs = new XimServer(lc, name, lang);
+       XimServer *xs = new XimServer(lc, strdup(name), strdup(lang));
         bool res = xs->setupConnection();
         if (!res) {
             delete xs;

So what it seems to do is that it makes dupicates of name and lang, and
then frees them later, though I've no idea why one would want to do that
specifically on Gentoo. Should I modify it to work with the current
main.cpp, or should I delete the patch altogether?

-Dave Oftedal