[Uim] Newbie in UIM on a FreeBSD Machine

Srot BULL pwd8jmr22w at me.point.ne.jp
Wed Jul 7 05:02:56 EEST 2004

Hi to everyone,

I just installed UIM on my FreeBSD system and during the installation
process I selected "anthy" with "ispell" support and both are
automatically installed.

I have on my ".Xclients" (because I use GDM) the following declarations:
export GTK_IM_MODULE=uim-anthy
export XMODIFIERS=@im=uim-anthy
exec uim-xim &

When I activate (forgive me for my words) my input method by pressing
"Shift+Space Bar" I get to encode in Japanese...

Now, the problem is, for example:
When I type: "akai" this characters come out "阿開" - without selecting
the kanji characters.
When I type: "hana" this characters come out "酣阿" - without selecting
the kanji characters.
Tried the above in Mozilla Thunderbird, AbiWord2, and gedit...

Can anyone help me with this problem of mine...or do I need to provide
other information that anyone can give me advices or hints...

Thank you in advance and please I really need anyone to help/advice me...

Srot BULL