[Uim] Newbie in UIM on a FreeBSD Machine

Srot BULL pwd8jmr22w at me.point.ne.jp
Thu Jul 8 07:09:37 EEST 2004

Forgive me for replying to my own post,
I tried to change some settings in my System and now everything works
beautifully.  Well at least for AbiWord2, Mozilla Thunderbird,
Gnumeric2, and the rest I have not tested yet but I am quite sure most
of them will work.

Here is my former configuration (does not work and defaults to Chinese
Input Mode which is not what I want):
Since I am using GDM, this is what used to be my ~/.Xclients
export GTK_IM_MODULE=uim-anthy
export XMODIFIERS='@im=uim-anthy'
exec uim-xim &

and here is my new configuration that works for me:
Instead of using ~/.Xclients, I am using ~/.profile
export GTK_IM_MODULE=uim-anthy
export XMODIFIERS='@im=uim-anthy'
exec uim-xim &

The above really works for me...
Thank you for Mr. Ken Deeter for his response and to all of you
developers of this wonderful UIM...and Good Luck to you all...

Sorry for the wasted bandwidth...
Anybody who is new to UIM with Anthy on Gnome2 on a FreeBSD, try the above.

Srot BULL