[Uim] How to turn on the input method as soon as the uc is created?

TOKUNAGA Hiroyuki tkng at xem.jp
Sun Jul 11 00:21:10 EEST 2004

Hi,

On Thu, 8 Jul 2004 22:23:49 +1000
Paul.Hampson at anu.edu.au (Paul Hampson) wrote:

> Hmm. I don't know scim that well either, but I had _assumed_ it was
> like UIM and the graphical bits and pieces were seperate processes,
> with their own IPC API. And I'd assumed scim-uim talked to uim like
> the helper API or something similar...
>
> I guess I need to get scim-uim compiled and working before I can be
> of much help in this direction.
>
> > And, does this mechanism mean SCIM know private data of uim?
>
> It means it can know and act upon such, yes. Although only the keys,
> rather than data structures and other details.

Maybe I understand what you are saying. You saw the problem as "SCIM
(or something other softwares) shouldn't know uim's private data
structure, and so on." Is my guess right?

The problem here is not data structure (I think). Yusuke's belief is "We
shouldn't assume each IM has on/off state. Maybe such state exist, but
it should be treated as private data and be changed from outside." His
main opinion is about treatment of private data, not how to export
private data to outside.

Personally, I'm thinking that maybe we should treat this state as
public. (Now I cannot draw a conclusion.)

Regards,

--
TOKUNAGA Hiroyuki
http://kodou.net/