[Uim] scim-uim and scim-m17n.

David Oftedal david at start.no
Tue Jun 15 06:01:14 EEST 2004

James Su wrote:
> SCIM only registers one entry in gtk2 im menu. So if you use SCIM as the
> frontend, uim and m17n as the backends, you may remove
> /usr/lib/gtk-2.0/*/immodules/im-uim.*. Then there will be only one entry
> in gtk2 im menu.
>
> And if you want to use m17n, I suggest you use scim-m17n directly and
> disable m17n support of uim. Otherwise there will be so many duplicated
> entries in SCIM input method menu if you start both scim-uim and scim-m17n.
>
> Regards
> James Su

Thanks for your advice!

<gentoo blurb="true">

Following up on that advice, I tried adding an "m17nlib"  USE flag to
the uim ebuild that would enable me to turn it on and off. However, I
must have done something wrong, because the ebuild didn't work
afterwards. Could someone else add it? It might work something like this:

USE="-m17nlib" emerge uim
emerge m17n-lib scim scim-tables scim-chinese scim-uim

</gentoo>

-David