[Uim] FYI: m17nlib released from AIST

yusuke at cherubim.icw.co.jp yusuke at cherubim.icw.co.jp
Wed Mar 3 16:50:00 EET 2004

 Few days ago, Japanese public laboratory NAIST (National
Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology)
released a library called m17nlib which realizes multilingualization
of applications.
 m17nlib is available at http://www.m17n.org/m17n-lib/index.html

 It also has input method support. You can see the list
in the middle of following page.
http://www.m17n.org/m17n-lib/supported_languages_and_scripts.htm

Here are some differences between uim and m17nlib.
*Both are implemented as a library, so they are simple, secure and
 easy to use and customize for users.
*uim is designed to be able to work with modern GUI environment.
 (APIs to show and change state from external applets,
 candidate window with complex operations)
*m17nlib can handle many simple input method efficiently.
 On the other hand, uim can handle complexiety better for
 some input methods like anthy, prime and skk.

Anyway, I respect their great work. I am now investigating
way to use m17nlib's facility from uim.

--
 CHAOS AND CHANCE!
  Yusuke TABATA (yusuke at cherubim.icw.co.jp)