[Uim] Uim-Anthy: Two minor issues in KDE applications

Yukiko Bando ybando at k6.dion.ne.jp
Tue Mar 23 23:54:52 EET 2004

Hello,

I have noticed two minor problems using uim-0.3.3 in KDE applications.

1. With the over-the-spot input style, it seems impossible to edit
unconverted hiraganas.  For example, I meant to type "jouhou" but typed
"johou" by mistake.  I want to insert u but arrow keys don't work. (In
KWrite, they don't work with the on-the-spot style either.)

2. Numbers and signs on the numeric pad are fixated on the spot.  If I
type "yaku10" in KWrite, "10" in hankaku comes before "yaku" in hiragana.
And this "10" is not convertible.  If I use 1 and 0 on the main keyboard,
"10" is recognized as a segment and can be converted to zenkaku or kanji.

Off topic: Can anyone tell me how to input Chinese periods using uim-py?

Thank you.

Yukiko