[Uim] Uim-Anthy: Two minor issues in KDE applications

Yukiko Bando ybando at k6.dion.ne.jp
Fri Mar 26 17:54:55 EET 2004

On Fri, 26 Mar 2004 06:43:04 +0900, TOKUNAGA Hiroyuki <tkng at xem.jp> wrote:

>> 1. With the over-the-spot input style, it seems impossible to edit
>> unconverted hiraganas.  For example, I meant to type "jouhou" but
>> typed  "johou" by mistake.  I want to insert u but arrow keys don't
>> work. (In  KWrite, they don't work with the on-the-spot style either.)
>
> No, we can edit preedit strings at over the spot style. Caret is not
> moving visually, but moving logically. Yes, I'm understanding what you
> will say next, caret doesn't move visually is too big problem to use!
> But to fix the problem is difficult a bit... And we cannot fix the
> on-the-spot style's issue, because it's a bug of Qt.

I see.  It's not a problem if I don't make a typo...

>> 2. Numbers and signs on the numeric pad are fixated on the spot.  If I
>> type "yaku10" in KWrite, "10" in hankaku comes before "yaku" in
>> hiragana.   And this "10" is not convertible.  If I use 1 and 0 on the
>> main keyboard,  "10" is recognized as a segment and can be converted
>> to zenkaku or kanji.
>
> It's specification of uim-xim. But it's not good specification, so I
> want to change it. Please wait 0.3.4 (or 0.3.5).

OK.  I can use 0-9 on the main keyboard until then.

>> Off topic: Can anyone tell me how to input Chinese periods using
>> uim-py?
>
> On/off is shift+space. Rest of operation is similar to uim-anthy, but
> there is no concept of segment. Only one character could be input at
> once.

Thank you... but I was asking how to type periods (=Japanese "maru") with
uim-py.
Would it be possible to include punctuation symbols in PY.scm by default?
I added the following to mine thanks to David san. ;-)

谢谢。

Yukiko