[Uim] Uim Users' Document

Jon Babcock jon at kanji.com
Wed Mar 31 19:44:07 EEST 2004

kzk wrote:

 > I modify the document along your advices.
 > New version is here.

Ohta-san,

Looking good! Thanks.

Here are a nine tiny points that I missed before:

only one way to communicate with an Application. --> only one way to
communicate with an application

Uim's source tarball includes core library, immodule for Gtk+, XIM
server, bridges for many input methods(written in Scheme), Gnome applet
for indicating the state of the input method. --> Uim's source tarball
includes a core library, an immodule for Gtk+, an XIM server, bridges
for many input methods (written in Scheme), and a Gnome applet for
indicating the state of the input method.

anything else.But of --> anything else. But of

but the liblibraries in this directory is not searched in default. -->
but the liblibraries in this directory are not searched by default.
[[[Can you just say 'libraries'? Or, is it better to say 'liblibraries'?]]]

and excute ldconfig. --> and execute ldconfig.

Subversion repositry --> the Subversion repository

you can update by excuting --> you can update it by executing

the following line to the ~/.xsession or ~/.xinitrc. --> the following
line to your ~/.xsession or ~/.xinitrc.

Ex. using Anthy as conversion engine. --> Example: Using Anthy as the
conversion engine. [[[--> "Ex.: Using Anthy as the conversion engine."
is also Okay.]]]

[[[There is normally a space between an opening parenthesis and the
previous word. Here are ten examples from this document:

About Uim(Universal --> About Uim (Universal

Input Method(engine) --> Input Method (engine)

GUI Framework(also Console) --> GUI Framework (also the Console) [[[Also
note the addition of 'the'.]]]

PY(I.e., Pinyin) --> PY (I.e., Pinyin)

Debian packages(unstable/testing) --> Debian packages (unstable/testing)

under Portage.(app-i18n/uim) --> under Portage (app-i18n/uim). [[[Also
note the change in position of the period.]]]

many input methods(written in Scheme) --> many input methods (written in
Scheme)

X header files(ex. X11/Xlib.h). --> X header files (e.g., X11/Xlib.h).
[[[Whether you use ex. or e.g., is just a personal style issue, I think.]]]

immodule(Gtk+) --> immodule (Gtk+)

the binary packages(Debian, Redhat, etc.) --> the binary packages
(Debian, Redhat, etc.)

different conversion engine(e.g., uim-skk, uim-prime), --> different
conversion engine (e.g., uim-skk, uim-prime),
]]]

I must go to work now, I'll take a look at the remaining material in
your message later.

Jon

--
Jon Babcock <jon at kanji.com>