[Uim] Typing traditional Chinese with UIM

Jon Babcock jon at kanji.com
Mon May 10 18:16:22 EEST 2004

TOKUNAGA Hiroyuki wrote:

> I commited new input method,"uim-pinyin-big5". Usage of the input method
> is same as uim-py and uim-pyunihan. Please test it.

Using uim-0.3.6.tar.gz,

I was able to try uim-pinyin-big5. It seems to work. Thanks!

More testing is needed.

To achieve our goal of producing a practical IME for traditional
Chinese input, the kanji candidate lists must be made even shorter.

Simply differentiating the 'umlaut u' (by, for example, using
'v'), and the plain 'u', would be a big step forward in
shortening the kanji candidate lists. Adding tones will also
help. Finally, of course, we will want to have a full dictionary
of multisyllabic entries.

Thanks again, Tokunaga-san.

Jon
--