[Uim] Debian package of qt-immodule for Uim is now available!

Kazuki Ohta mover at hct.zaq.ne.jp
Mon May 24 15:10:32 EEST 2004

Hi, Vik.

> > -  I got apps and dialog boxes without title bar and frame!  (except the
> > very first app I opened after login)
> > -  Tasks didn't appear in taskbar.
> > -  I was able to type only in the first app until I open another.
> > -  Then keyboard shortcuts wouldn't work either...
>
> I had the exact same problem.
> I'm redoing my machine becasue of this.
> (In Gentoo terminology, "emerge -e world" ;) )
> So I will let you know if it will fix anything. If the patch is supposed to
> work, then it's probably solvable by re-compiling dependant libraries/apps.
> I am hoping this is the case, because if it isn't, then, well, I'm going to
> have to redo my kde again...
>
> I wonder if Ohta-san has the same problems???
No.
I builded original qt3.3.1 and patched qt3.3.1 from source code.
I run KDE on both Qt(s), but there seems no problem.

And I forgot to mention you can now input via uim only on Qt-apps (more
precisely, QLineEdit and QTextEdit) only, cannnot on KDE-apps.
This is because kate and kwrite has its own text-processing widget.
To enable qt-immodule on KDE-apps, you must add the line
"setInputMethodEnabled(true);" on each app's constructor.
Once qt-immodule patch is merged, I committed this code soon (I have the right
to commit code on KDE project).

When you try qt-immodule, get svn version of uim and use
trunk/qt/quiminputcontextplugin/edittest/edittest.

Thank you for trying qt-immodule, and excuse me, it's not perfect yet....

--
cheers.

Kazuki Ohta : mover at hct.zaq.ne.jp