[Uim] im-uim.so opens symlinks

UTUMI Hirosi utuhiro78 at yahoo.co.jp
Fri May 28 16:19:17 EEST 2004

Hi,

Thierry found a problem with uim (m17n enabled).
http://archives.mandrakelinux.com/cooker-i18n/2004-05/msg00039.php
---
"/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/2.4.0/immodules/im-uim.so"
libmimx-ispell.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
libmimx-anthy.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
---

im-uim.so opens libmimx*.so.
libmimx*.so are symlinks, and symlinks are included in *-devel packages on
Mandrake/Debian systems. Most users will not install them.

I replied to Thierry:
http://archives.mandrakelinux.com/cooker-i18n/2004-05/msg00043.php
>So libm17n-lib0 (not *lib0-devel) should have libmimx*.so. And we need to install it first.

I think im-uim.so should open libmimx*.so.0.0.0.
What do you think about it?

BTW, you know some Mandrake users have problems with uim-xim.
http://freedesktop.org/pipermail/uim/2004-May/000328.html
I posted about it:
http://archives.mandrakelinux.com/cooker-i18n/2004-05/msg00031.php
I don't know how to fix it.

Thierry uploaded new uim/m17n/anthy packages to Mandrake-Cooker.
They will be included in Mandrake10.1.
Tabata-san, Tokunaga-san: Thank you for your great work!

Thank you for reading. :-)
___
UTUMI Hirosi