[Uim] Replacing property handling codes with property.scm

TOKUNAGA Hiroyuki tkng at xem.jp
Thu Oct 21 00:54:47 EEST 2004

On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 02:08:18 +0900
Kazuki Ohta <mover at hct.zaq.ne.jp> wrote:

> I have a comment on one point.
> >
> > (snip)
> >
> > > I think that we should simply replace the property handlings
> > > with current property.scm, for now.
> >
> > Sorry, that's confusing. I wrote previous mail without elaboration
> > (because I hurried). Please forget content of previous mail.
> >
> > What I want to say was, there's something which is property but not
> > state. Here I mean property as 'an attribute, quality, or
> > characteristic'. Current property.scm assumes existence of default
> > value for each property. This means property.scm assumes also each
> > property will take a value defined by state definitions. But there
> > is a case which is not applicable.
> >
> > For example, uim-anthy will have a dicitionary manager, it can be
> > deemed as property, but it's not state of uim-anthy. State such as
> > input mode will transit, but the infomation 'uim-anthy have a
> > dicitionary manager' will never transit.
> >
> > In old implementation, label and lists are distincted. So we could
> > add dictionary manager in this way.
> >
> > branch dictionary
> >    leaf  add a word to dictionary
> >    leaf  edit user dictionary
> >
> > But property.scm assumes that branch value is some one of leaf
> > value.
> >
> > I cannot describe well... Could you understand this writing? If not,
> > I'll write another example.
> I think this should be dealt with in toolbar level implementation.
> Such GUI is written in only Gtk/Qt level but not by parsing helper
> message. Please see the code which I committed at r1515.
> qtkde-helper/src/common/uimstateindicator.[h/cpp] deals with helper
> message. qtkde-helper/src/common/quimhelpertoolbar.[h/cpp] add
> stateindicator to itself and add im-switcher exec buttons.

Switcher doesn't concern each input method, so the implementation of
uimstateindicator.[h/cpp] is OK. But because dictionary manager concerns
each input method (i.e. most of input methods don't have it), I'm
disagree your opinion. Though merits of your opinion are very
attractive for me...

Regards,

P.S. I agree to make a document about user interface of toolbar.
Providing of unified user interface is important.

--
TOKUNAGA Hiroyuki
http://kodou.net/