[Uim] uim_get_default_im_name()

YamaKen yamaken at bp.iij4u.or.jp
Thu Oct 21 13:16:42 EEST 2004

At Thu, 21 Oct 2004 18:53:28 +0900,
ekato at ees.hokudai.ac.jp wrote:
> On 2004/10/21, at 18:48, YamaKen wrote:
> >>
> >> OK.  So, can you prepare other function to get im name corresponding
> >> requested locale (lang)?  It is definitly needed for uim-xim's client
> >> application using legacy encodings.
> >
> > Does find-im-for-locale match your requirement? I'll add its C
> > wrapper to libuim if sufficient.
>
> Mostly OK.  But it seems that find-im-for-locale doesn't check
> default-im-name in ~/.uim when language matches.

Is you requirement following?

1. return default-im-name if its lang matches the locale
2. otherwise, return the most preferable IM for the locale

If so, I suggest uim-xim should use in combination with
uim_get_default_im_name() and uim_get_im_name_for_locale() (C
wrapper of find-im-for-locale) to achieve its requirement.

I think that we should not provide the combined version of the
function as uim API because it's not useful for other than
uim-xim.

YamaKen  yamaken at bp.iij4u.or.jp