[Uim] How to switch SCIM to Chinese input

Jon Babcock jon at kanji.com
Fri Oct 22 18:32:31 EEST 2004

Pardon me, if this is not an appropriate question for a uim
mailing list. Also, I realize this is an elementary question
that every beginner who wants to use SCIM's Chinese input
methods must deal with immediately.

When I select SCIM from the list of IMEs on the context
(right-click) menu, the only option under SCIM that shows up is
English. How do I get some (at least Smart Pinyin) Chinese input
options?

Perhaps someone could point me to the appropriate documentation.

Using uim 0.4.5-1 on Debian sid under gnome 2.6.1, locale set to
en_US.UTF-8, scim and family, version 0.9.7-3, and scim-chinese
0.3.0-2 --- all deb packages from unstable.

Thanks a million,

Jon

--
Jon Babcock